WHAT TO EXPECT:
- What is a Sober Living Program?
- Who Benefits from Sober Living Homes?
- What Happens in a Sober Living Program?
- Why Sober Living for Long Term Recovery?
- Los Angeles Sober Living
- Luxury Men’s Los Angeles Sober Living Program
Some individuals choose to live in sober homes to increase the chances of a successful recovery.
But what are sober homes? And how do sober living programs benefit those in early recovery?
What is a Sober Living Program?
Sober living programs, including sober housing, are the bridge between inpatient rehab and returning to the “real world.” These programs provide a safe environment for an individual to practice and build on the skills learned while in inpatient care.
Who Benefits from Sober Living Homes?
While in treatment, individuals learn that they must avoid the people, places, and things that trigger their addictive thoughts and behaviors. This isn’t always easy. Returning home after inpatient drug rehab may set some individuals up for failure.
Certain home circumstances cause triggers that derail a successful recovery. This includes:
- An unstable home environment with unresolved issues
- Sharing a home with those using drugs or alcohol
- No accountability for actions
- Lack of structure
- Difficulty accessing a support network
- Living with people that don’t understand the needs of someone in early recovery
What Happens in a Sober Living Program?
Individuals that choose these sober living arrangements enjoy a safe, structured environment that supports recovery.
Qualified addiction professionals manage sober living homes around the clock. When an individual in early recovery is struggling or triggered, they have access to someone that can help them work through these difficulties. Recovery gets reinforced. Disasters averted.
Those in sober living homes practice the skills they learned in higher levels of treatment. They build on those skills as they develop healthy routines. As they progress through treatment, they get more responsibilities and freedom to choose how they spend their free time.
Sober living programs encourage individuals to find work, develop their support network, and continue to build the essential life skills that support recovery.Daily check-ins, group therapy, and skills training reinforce healthy leaving, clear boundaries, and establishing recovery.
Why Sober Living for Long Term Recovery?
Recovery is a journey that lasts a lifetime. As with any journey, there will be transitions. Sober living homes are a transition point.
Individuals choose these living arrangements after completing inpatient drug rehab. The decision isn’t always easy. They often wonder, is sober living for me?
We’ve already talked about who benefits from sober living homes. But what are the benefits for those entering a sober living program?
Sober living helps by:
- Offering continuous support: Getting sober isn’t easy. Many people self-medicate to avoid relationship difficulties, past traumas, and distressing feelings. Without drugs or alcohol, the things they avoided may become overwhelming. Staff at sober living homes are trained to help individuals cope and work through difficult times–even relapse.
- Developing crucial life skills: The structured environment allows individuals to work on areas of their lives neglected while using. This can include communication, emotional regulation, financial, vocational, and healthy living skills.
- Encouraging meaningful, sober relationships: An individual in recovery often loses contact with using peers. The ability to create meaningful relationships while sober allows an individual to develop relationships with like-minded peers.
- Embracing independence: As an individual progresses through treatment, the ability to be successful at handling more responsibilities builds confidence and motivation.
- Solidifying recovery: The longer an individual goes without using, the more they realize they can navigate life with the crutch of drugs or alcohol. The structure and accountability in sober living homes allow someone in recovery to take small steps towards a bigger, brighter future.
The benefits of sober living make the transition to a fully independent, sober life more attainable
Los Angeles Sober Living
Is there sober living in LA? Yes! There are several options to help your recovery in Los Angeles. Sometimes the options can make it hard to decide which sober living is right for me.
Here are some things to consider while deciding:
- Does the sober living program resonate with my needs?
- Is it a broad program for “everyone” or designed specifically for people like me?
- Can I get vital outpatient treatment while living in the sober environment?
- What evidence-based addiction treatments are available?
- Do other people recommend the program?
- Am I willing to honestly invest the time in sober living housing?
- Can I afford the program?
- Does the sober living home provide the amenities I desire?
Not all sober living programs are the same. Many individuals in early recovery benefit from sober homes that also provide outpatient addiction treatment. The added support and structure reinforce the foundation built during inpatient drug rehab.
Ultimately, you want to choose a sober living home that feels like home. One where you can feel comfortable and motivated to continue your recovery.
Luxury Men’s Los Angeles Sober Living Program
Men accustomed to a certain way of living may find difficulties adjusting to some sober homes. Luckily, men in sober living that desire luxury amenities can find options in the Los Angeles area.
That being said, the luxury should also include holistic addiction treatment that helps develop the skills and lifestyle habits for a successful recovery.
Recover Integrity is a values-based intensive outpatient drug rehab that offers luxury sober living as part of our step-down program. What sets Recover Integrity apart from other sober homes is its focus on innovative, evidence-based treatment. Our exclusive V.E.G.A program, cognitive testing, and luxury amenities provide a safe place where individuals recover their lives.